Conventional Status Settings

Discussion of Astro 25 Proprietary Features and Settings, specific to Motorola Radios
Forum rules
The requesting of licensed software is strictly prohibited.
Project25
Wiki Admin

Conventional Status Settings

Post by Project25 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:53 pm

I've been playing around a bit with status settings in my XTS's and XTLs. One of the questions that I'm puzzled by, how does one set the the status destination (which dispatch ID it is sent to)? Haven't been able to figure that one out yet.
NavyBOFH
Site Staff

Re: Conventional Status Settings

Post by NavyBOFH » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:48 pm

You know... that is actually something I never asked. If I run into the Comms Director at my agency I am going to ask him since I know that was a recent issue they were having.
Editable Google map for P25 systems. Google P25 Map
To join the "CTF Team" and help support the forum, click "Donate" below!
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
Notarola
Site Admin

Post by Notarola » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:39 pm

The status message should pop up on whatever console(s) is monitoring that TG. The status button decode is routed by the site controller filter subroutine from the master logger to the TG handler subroutine that way only the dispatcher for the TG sees status only for units on the TG. Units in scan will have the status sent on the designated TX personality. Ill have to see if a talkback scan reply causes the status to display on the replied TG console.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
Project25
Wiki Admin

Post by Project25 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Notarola wrote:The status message should pop up on whatever console(s) is monitoring that TG. The status button decode is routed by the site controller filter subroutine from the master logger to the TG handler subroutine that way only the dispatcher for the TG sees status only for units on the TG. Units in scan will have the status sent on the designated TX personality. Ill have to see if a talkback scan reply causes the status to display on the replied TG console.
That has me intrigued as this seems to follow what I've read for trunked operation but core based conventional setups are quite rare these days. Now if using a console, I could see how it would work on a core-less arrangement however, the CPS helps topics specifically state "Base Radio" and not console which suggests to me that a traditional "control station" (mobile with power supply) may be capable of receiving the alerts as well. I'll have to go through a mobile codeplug and test I guess.
Notarola
Site Admin

Post by Notarola » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:41 pm

The status is sent in the P25 package so its there for all units to hear. I have never set up a stand alone radio to do it. I would suspect its in the signaling menus somewhere. Obviously you would have to have the matching status values set in the status alias list and you may also need to have the RID enabled in the astro call list.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]