Odessey Control Head Discrepencies

XTS XTL Series Radio Discussion
Forum rules
The requesting of licensed software is strictly prohibited.
Project25
Wiki Admin

Odessey Control Head Discrepencies

Post by Project25 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Afternoon gents,

I have an interesting discrepancy between two O5 control heads which I can not figure out. One, Zone name is on it's own line above the channel name. The other, it's in front of the channel name. Both of these radios were shipped as O5's however, the one that is displaying the zone and channel info on the same line was a drag and drop over from a W9 XTL5000 (which may be some of the issue). Wondering if there is a simple solution to get the newly cloned (from a W9) XTL to display like the rest of the XTL's in my pickup...zone name above the channel name.
NavyBOFH
Site Staff

Re: Odessey Control Head Discrepencies

Post by NavyBOFH » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Its been a long time since I have worked on both a W and O series mobile in the same process - but I think once you create your codeplug you need to verify the codeplug is made for the correct control head. In CPS you can change control head type on the XTL series with just a menu change - sounds like it is still on the W series and somehow still working.
Editable Google map for P25 systems. Google P25 Map
To join the "CTF Team" and help support the forum, click "Donate" below!
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
Notarola
Site Admin

Re: Odessey Control Head Discrepencies

Post by Notarola » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:04 pm

Its the control head type info. The w series uses the same line for zone and chan name. The O series has the extra line an a few more characters.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]