APX 900

APX Series Radios Discussion
Forum rules
The requesting of licensed software is strictly prohibited.
NavyBOFH
CTF Mod

Re: APX 900

Post by NavyBOFH » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:35 pm

That was my pricing last time I looked but that was before I was affiliated with any agency. Now I am (impatiently) waiting while Motorola sets up an MOL account that I requested specifically as a state agency tech... so we will see if that changes my ability to order radios once I get it set up. I HAD an account registered with my agency but when we had 2 others sign up for accounts... Motorola CLOSED mine... no idea what mix-up happened there.

That being said - that "ham friendly" dealer I hope is wrong since I would expect to spend $1600 WITH multi-key. But for my personal radio I don't need OTAR/OTAP luckily. For agency purchased radios it definitely is on the menu.
Editable Google map for P25 systems. Google P25 Map
To join the "CTF Team" and help support the forum, click "Donate" below!
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
Notarola
Site Staff

Post by Notarola » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:54 pm

word of advice. Order in things like multi key if you can afford it. its a big feature that may be needed sometime in the future.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
NavyBOFH
CTF Mod

Post by NavyBOFH » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:18 am

Notarola wrote:word of advice. Order in things like multi key if you can afford it. its a big feature that may be needed sometime in the future.
I put in an email to our state contractor for our trunked system. Told them I am a state agency radio tech but it will not be an agency purchase... we will see if they'll extend state pricing to me and how much it will be.
Editable Google map for P25 systems. Google P25 Map
To join the "CTF Team" and help support the forum, click "Donate" below!
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
Notarola
Site Staff

Post by Notarola » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:18 pm

I wouldn't mind getting a unit if the price is right.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]